The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by your Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 3 May 2017 approval the re-structuring the schemes of Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) under Central Sector Scheme SAMPADA.SAMPADA symbolizes'Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters '. The objective of SAMPADA could be to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease agri-waste.The scheme was approved for the time 2016- 2020.
Inclusions under SAMPADA
• Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
• Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters
• Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
• Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
• Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation CapacitiesHighlights of SAMPADA• SAMPADA, which has an allocation of Rs 6000 crore, is supposed to leverage investment of Rs 31400 crore and often will handle 334 lakh MT agro-produce valuing Rs 104125 crore.• It would benefit 20 lakh farmers and often will generate 530500 direct/ indirect employment in the land by your year 2019-20.• SAMPADA happens to be an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes of this Ministry like Mega Food Parks, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, Food Safety, Quality Assurance Infrastructure, Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters and Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages.• These schemes aim at development of contemporary infrastructure to encourage entrepreneurs to put together food processing units based upon cluster approach, provide effective and seamless backward and forward integration for processed food industry.• It can lead to creation of contemporary infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet. • It won't just provide a sizable boost towards the increase of food processing sector in the land but also help in providing better prices to farmers. • It'll likewise support reducing wastage of agricultural produce, helping the processing level, use of safe and convenient processed foods at affordable price to consumers.• It would enhance the export of this processed foods.