The Indian Railways could be launching an exclusive rail service, Utkrisht Double-Decker AC Yatri (Uday) Express in July 2017.
The over-night train would ply only on high-demand routes like Delhi- Lucknow as well as fare would be lower in contrast to the 3AC class in regular express trains.
• The use of the double-decker service is to deliver better amenities to passengers in a lesser fare.
• The 120- seater AC service could have large automatic vending machines in each coach, which will dispense pre-cooked hot food and tea/ cold drinks
• The train would even be backed up with large LCD screens in each and every coach along with wi- fi speaker system.
• May well even be backed up with bio-toilets.
• Its interior would sport an aesthetically designed modern look.
• The introduction of the service helps the populace transporter clear the rush in high demand routes, for the reason that train could have 40 % more carrying capacity when compared with other trains.
However, inspite of for an overnight train, it wouldn't have sleeper berths but it will though have added facilities along the lines of comfortable seats and adequate leg space to make sure that travellers a cushty and smooth journey.
The service, announced in rail budget 2016-17, is slated to operate within a speed of 110 km speed hourly on high-density routes.