Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi on 23 April 2017 was presented the P C Chandra Puraskar.
Satyarthi was honoured together with the award for his global crusade against child slavery and exploitative child labour.
The 63-year-old Satyarthi was handed with a citation, a trophy and then a cheque of Rs 10 lakh at an awards ceremony in Kolkata.
About Kailash Satyarthi
• Born on 11 January 1954, Kailash Satyarthi is an Indian children's rights and education advocate.
• In 1980, he threw in the towel his career as an engineer and founded the Bachpan Bachao Andolan.
• Bigger acted in order to safeguard the rights in excess of 83000 children from 144 countries.
• It is actually considering that of his work and activism of the fact that International Labour Organization adopted Convention No. 182 over the worst kinds of child labour, that is definitely now a principal guideline for governments for the world.
• In 2014, he was honoured together with the Nobel Peace Prize, which he shared with Malala Yousafzai of Pakistan. He or she is the fifth Nobel Prize winner for India and precisely the second Indian winner with the Nobel Peace Prize after Mother Teresa in 1979.