PM launches National SC/ST hub and Zero Defect – Zero Effect scheme
Thursday 27th of April 2017
October 18, 20162 Comments
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National SC/ST hub as well as the Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED) scheme for Micro, Smaller than average Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at Ludhiana in Punjab.
Besides, he also presented National Awards to MSMEs. He also distributed 500 traditional wooden charkhas (spinning wheels) among women.
Exactly what is National SC/ST hub?
- The aim of the SC/ST (Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes) Hub is to supply professional support to entrepreneurs of your SC/ST.
- Further,it seeks to promote enterprise culture and entrepreneurship one of the SC/ST population so to make this happen participate more effectively publically procurement.
- It will eventually work at strengthening market access/linkage, capacity building, monitoring, sharing industry-best practices and leveraging financial support schemes.
Public Procurement Policy, 2012: It specifies that 4% of procurement made by ministries, departments and CPSEs ought to be done from enterprises owned by SC/ST entrepreneurs.
Exactly what is Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED) scheme?
- ZED Scheme aims to rate and handhold all MSMEs to send high grade products using clean technology. It provides sector-specific parameters each industry.
- MSME sector is critical for the cost-effective progress of India and this scheme will assist you to match global quality control standards.
The slogan of Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED) was mentioned by PM Narendra Modi as part of his Independence Day speech in 2014.�It was handed for producing excellent manufacturing products which has a minimal negative relation to environment.
- ZED Scheme is meant to raise quality levels in �unregulated MSME sector which is engine of growth for Indian economy. MSME sector drives almost 38% of nation’s GDP and around employs 110 million employees.
- The scheme is going to be cornerstone from the Central Government's flagship Make in India programme, which is aimed at turning India in to a global manufacturing hub, generating jobs, boosting growth and increase incomes.