The Union Cabinet, presided with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 3 May 2017 gave its ex-post facto approval into the signing the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Japan on Railway Safety.
The MoC was signed in February 2017.
The MoC also supplies a platform for Indian Railways to have interaction and share the hottest development and knowledge inside railway sector.
Key highlights of one's MoC:
• Track Safety
• Most advanced technology in connection with railway track safety
• Rolling stock safety
• Any relevant railway safety matter jointly according to the sides within the scope of one's MoC with consideration for major railway accident preventions in accordance with the analysis of accident causes.
Cooperation underneath the MoC calls for:
• Dispatch of experts
• Training of core staff in Japan
• Sharing of strategy and finest practices
• Facilitating the participation of other institutions, organization and ministries, including contribution of National Traffic Safety and Environmental Laboratory of Japan to Research Design and Standards Organisation, Ministry of Railway, Government of India (RDSO), subject recommended to their respective national laws and regulations where appropriate and possible.