The First Indian-Indonesia Energy Forum was held on 20 April 2017 in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal and Indonesia's Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Ignasius Jonan took part in the forum.
Highlights of 1st India-Indonesia Energy Forum
• The Energy Forum was preceded by 2nd Joint Working Group (JWG) on Oil and Gas, 4th Joint Working Group on Coal and 1st Joint Working Group on New and Renewable Energy.
• The reports of three Joint Working Groups were presented to 2 Ministers through Energy Forum.
• The 2nd JWG on Oil and Gas discussed the protection framework of India and Indonesia, gas and oil infrastructure development, cooperation opportunities in capacity building and online business offerings in gas and oil sector in both countries.
• Representatives of major Indian companies in gas and oil sector, which includes ONCG Videsh Limited, Petronet LNG Limited, Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) took part in the JWG.
• Indonesian companies which includes PT Pertamina, PT Triputra, PT Nusantara Regas, Medco Energy and PT PGN were also represented.
• The 4th JWG on Coal has five sessions focusedon the protection framework, coal resources development, capacity building, research and development issues and concerns of private sector.
• Indian companies which includes Coal India Limited, Adani Enterprises, Tata Power Company, PT Adani Global, PT Core Mineral Indonesia, PT BaramultiSuksessarana, PT Barasentosa Lestari and PT Jindal Overseas also took part in the JWG.
• The 1st JWG on New and Renewable Energy was held through video-conferencing.
• The two main sides discussed policy framework and investment opportunities in India and Indonesia.
• Each party agreed to spotlight capacity building, exchange of scientific and technological information and data and transfer of technology on non-commercial basis in biofuel and geothermal area.
• A Memorandum of Understanding amongst the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India and the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources on the Republic of Indonesia on cooperation in neuro-scientific gas and oil was signed along the occasion.
• The MOU seeks to set up a cooperative institutional framework to facilitate and to increase bilateral cooperation in neuro-scientific gas and oil sectors based on equality and mutual benefit.
Who: 1st India-Indonesia Energy Forum
When: 20 April 2017