Question No : 1
Consider the following statements:
Regional disparities in India are high and have been rising in recent years because:
1. There is persistent investment over time only in Select locales
2. Some areas are agro climatically less conducive to development
3. Some are as continue to face little or no aqrarian transformation and the consequent lack of social and economic opportunities
4. Some areas have faced continuous political instability.
Which of the above statements are correct?
Question No : 2
Which of the following is/are correct?
I. Bulk of unemployment in India is in rural areas
II. The disguised unemployment in agricultural sector is perennial
III. Industrialisation has rendered several people job-less in India
Question No : 3
Disguised unemployment in India is mainly related to :
1. agricultural sector
2. rural area
3. factory sector
4. urban area
Question No : 4
Consider the following statements in respect of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 :
1. Under the provisions of the Act, 100 days of employment in a year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work has become a fundamental right.
2. Under the provisions of the Act, women are to get priority to the extent that one-half of persons who are given employment are women who have asked for work.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? [IAS 2006]
Question No : 5
Among the reasons for disguised unemployment in the rural areas is :
Question No : 6
With reference to the Government of India's various programmes, what is Nirmal Gram Puraskar? [IAS 2006]
Question No : 7
What is the main objective of Antyodaya programme?